Information We Collect
BlogMeetsBrand, LLC is a communications platform located at www.BlogMeetsBrand.com that enables the connection between individuals/businesses seeking to provide advertising services ("Bloggers") and individuals/businesses seeking advertising services ("Brands") (collectively, "Users"). Accordingly, we collect User-submitted personally identifying information and other information specific to the services requested or provided. In connection with the provision of our services, we may obtain personal information from the following sources:
- Information you provide to us on forms that you complete on our website or that you otherwise provide to us in writing.
- Information that you provide to us by telephone, email or through social media channels, such as when you contact our customer care department.
- Information we receive automatically when you visit our web site. Please see the section on "Cookies and other Technical Data" below for more details.
- Information from third parties, including verification services, payment processing services, and other online and offline sources. For example, this would include updated address or contact information that we might use to correct our records so that we can communicate with you more easily.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE COUNTRY WHERE IT WAS COLLECTED AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY. BY USING THIS SITE AND PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER OF DATA FROM YOUR COUNTRY TO A COUNTRY THAT HAS LESS STRINGENT LAWS, AND THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONFORMANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
To help prevent the unauthorized access of your information, and to maintain the accuracy of the information that we collect, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures consistent with security practices in our industry. Unfortunately, data security can never be 100% effective. As a result we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain secure in all circumstances.
If BlogMeetsBrand is required by law to notify you of a data security breach, BlogMeetsBrand will decide, based upon its own judgment, the method in which to contact you (e.g., e-mail, writing and/or phone) about the breach.
If you post a campaign or assignment and/or contact another User via our website, the information that you provide, including any personally identifiable information that you provide, will be made available to third parties.
In addition, BlogMeetsBrand may share the information that you provide in the following circumstances:
- If you post a campaign or assignment with BlogMeetsBrand, BlogMeetsBrand may re-post, or re-publicize that job opening on other websites that are not owned or controlled by BlogMeetsBrand.
- BlogMeetsBrand may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property or safety of BlogMeetsBrand, you, or another person.
- BlogMeetsBrand may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- In the event that BlogMeetsBrand’s business, or substantially all of BlogMeetsBrand’s assets are acquired, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company.
Age of Users
BlogMeetsBrand is intended for people 18 or older, and in registering for this site Users are verifying that they are 18 years or older. We have also made an effort to specifically limit BlogMeetsBrand’s appeal to people of age 18 or older. BlogMeetsBrand will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
BlogMeetsBrand does not assume any responsibility for misrepresentations regarding the age of any User made in connection with any User's registration for or use of the website. We may terminate without notice the membership of any User if we believe that the User has provided any false information to us when registering for or using this website.
Cookies and Other Technical Data
To enhance user experience, BlogMeetsBrand may place a small text file called a "cookie" on a User's computer hard-drive to store User's preferences. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser’s Help file directions. However, if your browser is set to reject cookies or you manually delete cookies, you may have some trouble accessing and using some of the pages and features on our website.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is being used to surf the Web. Web servers automatically identify computers by their IP address. BlogMeetsBrand may collect IP addresses for the purpose of system administration, to prepare aggregate information, and to monitor the use of this website.
Search engines, such as Google and Bing, are owned and operated by third parties. BlogMeetsBrand has no control over such third parties, including, without limitation, their indexing and "crawling" of information for search purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, BlogMeetsBrand shall use reasonable efforts to help ensure:
- if a Brand creates a profile on the website, it will be crawled by Google and other search engines and likely posted in listings;
- if a Brand posts a campaign or assignment on the website, the name of the Brand will not appear in Google listings unless the Brand provides their name in the body of a post (e.g., "COMPANY X is launching a holiday campaign."); and
- if a Blogger posts a profile, the information posted in it will be crawled by Google, except for the name of the Blogger, except if the Blogger posts their name in any field other than “name.” You should, therefore, not put your name in any field other than the name field if you do not want it available via search engine.
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the Contact Us section below.
Should any User have any questions or experience a personal information privacy problem, please Contact Us.